New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

White Coconut Chutney-AFF Indian Subcontinent #3



Whenever  I eat any thosai /dosa/ tose... this is a must.
I love it so much.
And I finish up everything after I finish my dosa... almost licking the plate!






White Coconut Chutney
Reference: Sanjeev Kapoor

1 cup packed grated coconut
2/3 tsp salt
2/3 cup drinking water
1 tsp black gram, split and skinless
1/2 tsp black mustard seed
1 dried chilli, torn to smaller pieces
1 sprig curry leaf, detached

1. Grind coconut with salt and water until it turns into a milky white paste.
2. In a hot wok/pan, on medium heat put in 2 Tbsp oil and then add in mustard seeds. When the sputtering starts, add in black gram. When the black gram has slightly changed colour to be more golden add in dried chilli and curry leaves.
3. Cook the spices for another 10 seconds and pour this into the coconut paste.
4. Stir and serve with idli, dosa (tose/tosai)



I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Indian Subcontinent Month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...