New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chinese Steamed Egg 蒸水蛋




I was asked by my hubby's cousin, Elaine, whether my forte is cakes. Haha! No... It's just that lately I haven't been cooking as much as I did last time(b4 Lyanne's birth), but I still baked, and I can say, even more. Ever since I could make the darned sponge, it made me more adventurous, wanting to try to make almost anything to comes to my mind. But, not only cakes, I still have a big list of things I want to bake. I love to eat cakes and pastries, actually, love to eat almost everything. Haha! A glutton!

So, here is one dish that was saved up for backposting.... since the day of spicy pan fried mackeral.. it was made on the same day. But was wanting to post the other stuff first.

Steamed egg, one of the simplest dishes that is not that easy to make. It’s easy to beat eggs. The tough part is to steam it and get that silky texture. It's the chinese version of Chawan Mushi. You can add in century eggs, salted egg, or even minced meat. But if u're adding in minced meat, make sure u steam it on a higher temperature.

To make a serving for 2..
100ml eggs
200ml water
¼ tsp salt
A lilte bit of oil and sesame oil

Beat eggs with salt and a few drops of sesame oil. Combine with water.
Grease a stainless steel dish with a bit of oil. Pour egg mixture into dish.
Place a steaming rack into wok, fill it with water 1cm below the steaming rack and bring the water to a boil. When water has come to a boil, reduce heat to low. Steam egg with the water barely simmering until centre of egg is no longer watery, as in solidified (not wood hard!). When egg is ready, sprinkle some pepper and a teaspoon of light soy sauce onto it.

Time is variable to your hob's heat,and the pot/wok u use to steam. Mine took me about 20 minutes.

Remember to cover the wok while steaming.





4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this recipe...just my type-four ingrediants and I can think of dozens of variations. I had steamed eggs in China and was amazed at how tasty such a simple dish is. Very nice blog, I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    Thanks. I hope to see you again and I'd appreciate to know your name so that I know how to address you.
    Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, I gave it a try! I steamed it for 20 mins a while ago.
    Waooo-Lao ..... finally I have it as silky as "tou fu fa".

    WYee, you are right. This is one of the simplest dishes that is not that easy to make.

    Thanks for sharing !

    Foong Mun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy, I will definitely try this,mayb tomorrow. My little one just love this but the mommy cant cook the silky type!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...